Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Hat Lawyers re: rental crisis
MR. JACKS
YALLAH ULEH

Mood: plug

[*] posted on 28-1-2014 at 10:22 PM
Hat Lawyers re: rental crisis

-dingbat we kicked out 7 months ago who's name is on our bond hits up real estate in last few weeks about getting his $1680 back

-real estate says ok, comes to us and tells us we need to pay new bond of $2340 within seven (7) days or we get the boot

legal?

YOUR ARE A FUCKHEAD
wheretheresawill
A video? On the internet!? I better post it on OZHH!

Mood: Rebuilt

[*] posted on 28-1-2014 at 10:24 PM

Was his total share of the Bond $1680?

Sounds like a bit much.

dududududududududududududu
BUM
THAT FUCKING ASSHOLE

Mood: FUCKING

[*] posted on 28-1-2014 at 10:45 PM

IN MY FUCKING PROFESSIONAL OPINION, AS YOUR FUCKING ATTORNEY OF CHOICE. WETHER IT'S YOUR CHOICE OR MINE THE FUCKING FACT IS I AM THE FUCKING ATTORNEY AND MY FUCKING LORE STANDS LIKE IT OR FUCKING LICK MY BOOTS.
YOU, MR JACKS. YOU FUCKING PUSSY, HAVE BEEN FUCKING SCREWED OVER.
ONLY ONE FUCKING OPTION, WITH TWELVE FUCKING OUTCOMES, ALL OF THEM BEING HARD AND SHARP AND WILL SERVE TO GET YOUR FUCKING POINT ACCROSS.

[quote][i]Originally posted by DrBind[/i]
FUCK! [/quote]
Drewins
custom status eligible

[*] posted on 28-1-2014 at 11:05 PM

Does bond change when you get a new housemate? We just went from 2 to 3 and the agent said something about increasing our bond? Didn't catch it and I can't get a hold of him.
gerling
the humble magnificent

Mood: intergalactic reptilian all stars

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 06:05 AM

This sounds fishy to me.

I would check the status of your bond with the RTBA - http://www.rentalbonds.vic.gov.au/

I would also contact the TUV to ask for their take on what to do next and how to approach things:

Tenants Union of Victoria
55 Johnston Street, Fitzroy Vic 3065
Tel: 9411 1444 (admin)
Advice line: 9416 2577
Email: via the website
Web: www.tuv.org.au
Telephone advice: Mon, Tue, Thur and Fri 9 am–4 pm; Wed: 1–8 pm
Drop-in advice service: Mon, Tue, Thur and Fri 9 am–4.30 pm; Wed 1–8 pm

I have always found that real estate agents will talk a lot of shit and tell you the most outrageous of lies until you push back a little and make them aware of the fact you know your rights and aren't some sort of ignant bumhole.

I am not sure about the differences in Vic but it sounds suss as fuck that they can suddenly change your bond amount - would that involve signing a new lease? If so, there are minimum periods of notice they have to give you for that, and I don't think 7 days has ever been one. Talk to the TUV.

When it comes to bond matters, it is IMPERATIVE that you check with the RTBA to see that the fucker was even lodged in the first place. We had a big drama about bond with our last agent who threatened to withhold it all, a little bit of casual digging on our part uncovered the fact they'd never even lodged it and their bogus claim of the damage to our property was enabling their theft.
ClosedSession
from these forums

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 08:12 AM

Yeah sounds suss I would check with the bond people, and who ever the tenant advisory agency is in your state

What was the deal with the bond in the first place? It just had old mates name on it? Not yours or other housemate?

Although it does sound legit, where there is shared and part bonds, guessing old mate just fucked you guys over by telling the real estate you guys were cool with it

My suggestion is the spiked bat option that was mentioned earlier
one-inch-punch
f+2~1

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 08:21 AM

how did the numbers jump from 1680 to 2340? something just doesn't add up here*

*the numbers

hope this helps. ole southpaw's spiked bat up there never fails in a pinch. use foot for leverage when it gets stuck
MR. JACKS
YALLAH ULEH

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 12:53 PM

ahaha thank you for all contributions i made my way down to tuv and they were pretty dub tee effs bout the whole shmozzle

have previously told dingbat that he can get the bond but he will using it to splash out on hospital bills (he never contributed to o.g. bond - which is over 10 yrs old -, just slimed his way onto the paperwork thru series of manipulations)

so yeah it will be a new lease, but the paperwork here says the new lease started on 24/1/14 --- but shouldn't there be another inspection before we fully transfer lease, otherwise, me and the other dudes in here now will have to pay for damages from 8-9-10 yrs ago that other tenants are responsible for

fack

YOUR ARE A FUCKHEAD
HesGloomy
Killing for Acceptance

Mood: Loungin', between two pillars of ivory

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 03:24 PM

you should def get a new inspection or at least some kind of written agreement as to the 'wear and tear of 8-9-10 years of sharehouse living'
which i think everyone agrees should basically absolve you of any actual damage

So: Gary, the Mona Lisa. This is trash.
TRASH. How many tigers or skulls are in this painting?
THE ANSWER IS ZERO, WHICH IS THE garyEST NUMBER OF SKULLS OR TIGERS YOU CAN HAVE IN A PAINTING.
Bluebird
there\'s a bluebird on my shoulder

Mood: I'VE GOT 25 LIGHTERS ON MY DRESSER

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 08:50 PM

estate agents kefe'd it up.

at vcat the member will find in your favour. provided you do the legwork.

do the legwork.

you all g for evertything atm>?

YOUNG PEOPLE: It’s okay to not know things about rap music, even if your career goals theoretically require you to know things about rap music. If you do find yourself in a position where you don’t know about the rap music you are supposed to know about then STOP and THINK. DO NOT just pretend that you know about this rap music, DO NOT poke around on the internet until it looks like you know about this rap music. SAY SOMETHING. It’s your responsibility to either disclose your lack of knowledge in the body of your work or to find a responsible and informed adult who can then educate you about this rap music.

you in love? no you not. you should quit. you should stop

WANNA CATCH MY FADE?
The main idea of Hip-hop is to get out do things that no one else is doing... - Fubex

\"You can put a wig on a piglet, make her dance and jiggle it, brang all the money back to daddy and I\'m diggin it\" - Project Pat

it�s very difficult to understand how he could stay on dope, because he knew it was suicide, that he was killing himself, but his other personal problems were just such that he wasn�t physically or mentally able to stay off.
MR. JACKS
YALLAH ULEH

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 11:02 AM

apparently they already gave the cunt the money and now they reckon they will come for an inspection tomorrow and they are treating all the 10 years damage as a write-off

so what the fuck? to tell 3 cunts in there 20s to come up with $2340 within a week because the bond has suddenly been taken out? cunts!

YOUR ARE A FUCKHEAD
one-inch-punch
f+2~1

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 11:22 AM

wait, what? walk us through this lad. you're in a place that's had a long lease, which dude has put his name on at some point without paying any bond. he then moved out taking his name off it, and taking the bond (all of it?).. how does thsi work if he was not the payer registered with the RTBA? also, the landlord wants you to sign a new lease with a new bond?

my recommendation at this point involves the words 'raze', 'ground', 'salt', 'scorched' and of course, 'earth'
wheretheresawill

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 11:24 AM

I still don't get it though, but I can be a bit stoopid. If his name is on the lease with other names, why would he have the right to be payed out the entire amount of the bond at his request without an inspection taking place prior.

Surely they'd want to make sure if they needed to spend any of the bond on repairs before they just go ahead and pay cunts out.

Also surely $1680 wasn't his share of the bond if there was 4 of you when you signed the lease and paid the bond originally? He should only be entitled to 1/4 of the total bond. Even if he paid more, unless that's on paper with signatures too, the lease should reflect the people responsible for a SHARE in the bond, not the entire bond to the first one that bails?

wheretheresawill

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 11:27 AM

Id be calling this and getting some advice;

VCAT Residential Tenancies (03) 9628 9800

MR. JACKS
YALLAH ULEH

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 11:28 AM

nah i think he swindled in on a tenant transfer of bond thingie, so it looks like he is the sole contributor, paid it/yada yada..doesn't matter now, he's got it, rent place wants their money, we are getting reemed..circle of life continues

YOUR ARE A FUCKHEAD
one-inch-punch
f+2~1

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 11:33 AM

so he actually straight up shystered it knowing full well he did't pay it? like fraud crime swindle? who is this guy, this daylight robber. unless he did some payment back in the day. see previous re: razing
KozeOne
Putting sausage rolls next to buns in the oven.

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 11:48 AM

Cut the cunts fingers off, slow.

[quote][i]Originally posted by DrBind[/i]
Never mind some woman pretending to be a social worker luring young vulnerable pregnant women into some seedy preggo sex den.
Bind has probably fucked a pregnant girl. [/quote]
Xia
custom status eligible

Mood: PIOUS @fireproof

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 12:22 PM

i do regulatory and commercial law can i help?

XIA MC, Azarlon Warrior, OPTIMUS PRIME, GHOST1.

'Australia has a black history'
http://ironman.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_V(coming.soon)

www.youtube.com/embed/0GoInTnBgDU

I been in this game for years, it made me a animal/It's rules to this shit, I wrote me a manual -BIG

RESPECT- is about thinking of others https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/149817409&color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&sho w_artwork=true

RIP RAW
RIP HUNTER
Xia
custom status eligible

Mood: PIOUS @fireproof

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 12:23 PM

i also know how to fight good an have seen chuck norris fight good n own a snickers bar welll acutally i may need to buy one but yeh if you let me know i will go to the shops

XIA MC, Azarlon Warrior, OPTIMUS PRIME, GHOST1.

'Australia has a black history'
http://ironman.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_V(coming.soon)

www.youtube.com/embed/0GoInTnBgDU

I been in this game for years, it made me a animal/It's rules to this shit, I wrote me a manual -BIG

RESPECT- is about thinking of others https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/149817409&color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&sho w_artwork=true

RIP RAW
RIP HUNTER
MR. JACKS
YALLAH ULEH

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 03:46 PM

this dude is an actual piece of shit i wouldn't be surprised if they just gave him the money on the strength of 'never having to see him again'

ANyway the realo has given us another week

thanks all for your input and concern

YOUR ARE A FUCKHEAD
SP3
kill all hippies

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 03:54 PM

it's well too late to say it but it's always good to be all legit from the start with real estate bullshit. real estate agents and people in sharehouses are some of the dodgiest cunts out. make sure everything's in writing from the start, shit is in your name (or their's if they plan to ruin your joint) and you all get bonds back and sorted when the time comes, and no-one's left homeless/stranded/in debt. all the best jacks.

Joe_Average
Oz Hip Hop Member

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 04:00 PM

you could definitely go after him for fraud, probably too small amount to bother though, unless you wann fuck with small claims/legal aide.

Otherwise, spike bat/kero + matches are your other options

Joe Ave - What it is, what it was, what it might become - Coming soon

Bornfresh.com.au
one-inch-punch
f+2~1

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 04:03 PM

don't forget the heavy salting, it's so easy to skip but worth the lasting effects
MR. JACKS
YALLAH ULEH

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 04:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SP3  
it's well too late to say it but it's always good to be all legit from the start with real estate bullshit. real estate agents and people in sharehouses are some of the dodgiest cunts out. make sure everything's in writing from the start, shit is in your name (or their's if they plan to ruin your joint) and you all get bonds back and sorted when the time comes, and no-one's left homeless/stranded/in debt. all the best jacks.

yeeass fuckin A

and yep spikes, flames, salt

YOUR ARE A FUCKHEAD
killafrommanilla
Oz Hip Hop Member

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 05:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by one-inch-punch  
don't forget the heavy salting, it's so easy to skip but worth the lasting effects

please elaborate
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top