HOLY SHIT RAP IS HAPPENING RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACES

:haha:

No more moving imagery goodness.

Filthy swines.
bigspin
still hustlin

Mood: :rip:

[*] posted on 10-7-2004 at 02:36 PM

Being the open minded person i am, i did not find this too repulsive . in fact i did not find it replusive at all. I listened to the first downloadable track on the site.

From the very start you can tell this is not oz hip hop and the roots definatley are US. I dont think there was anything wrong with the track production wise. It was well put together. I do think the rhymes are a little simple, which is a factor in oz heads
having issue. There would definatley be a market for you in Autralia. I think you ( JC) would appeal more to the r&b market. Just not in Oz Hip Hop.
JC Superstar
Oz Hip Hop newb

Mood: Medicated

[*] posted on 14-7-2004 at 10:14 AM

Just staying on top of things!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
aPex
custom status eligible

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-7-2004 at 10:26 AM

i grabbed a copy of this thanks to JC, had a listen to it through once. this is ok for what it is, more of an R&B influence. Skinny Mark shines on the whole album, lyrically all the emcees arent up to a high standard.

Quote:
Originally posted by bigspin
There would definatley be a market for you in Autralia. I think you ( JC) would appeal more to the r&b market. Just not in Oz Hip Hop.

he speaks the truth - your music obviously has its place, just not really in the OzHipHop scene!

good luck to ya, keep doing what your doing

-peace
JC Superstar
Oz Hip Hop newb

[*] posted on 14-7-2004 at 11:54 AM

Apex,

No diss intended but you haven't really said a nice word about anything to do with us or this release and I've heard you TRY to rhyme at phat stuff and I hold your opinion in low regard as far as lyrics go as I feel it's a little over your head and its far from R&B. Sorry but you're no 5 percenter and thats who this CD is designed for. Maybe when you get a little older you'll understand it, so I hope you keep this CD and in a few years after you've had some life experiance you listen again. In the meantime, step down off your high horse and don't act like hip hop was invented in Australia. Fair Go.

I'm changing the game/and giving all the fame to my codename

Peace
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
aPex
custom status eligible

[*] posted on 14-7-2004 at 12:38 PM

haha your kidding right?

your taking that phat stuff battles as a example of skill? what the fuck is Nikzman and Skinny Mark doing on there, they get murdered frequently!

i gave it a listen (2 listens in fact) and im sorry to deflate your ego but it wasnt great. the beats are bland, very simple synth bass lines and the sample work isnt great - excluding track 2 (skinny mark produced *sorry i could be wrong dont have the cd cover with me*). all your rhymes in particular are simple, with not too much wordplay/metaphors. i did give props to Skinny Marks raps as i feel his rhymes are the only shining light on this album.

your extremely R&B, with guests like El Loco on your album, this cant progress past that.

I have not now or ever claimed im a good mc (very rarely rhyme much anymore), but i do claim to know what i like to listen to. and my opinnion is this release should be targeted towards an R&B market, maybe then youd be able to sell some units and not have to give away free cds?
JC Superstar
Oz Hip Hop newb

[*] posted on 14-7-2004 at 01:18 PM

I knew I shouldn't have sent an uneducated punk like you a CD all you do is diss or suck up on here. Don't diss me mark or nikz or El Loco for that matter. You know nothing about hip hop and should keep you comments to yourself. If you don't have something positive to say say nothing. Remember we live in the same city and due to the fact that I was kind enough to send you a free copy I know exactly where you live.

Keep it Gangster.

Watch your mouth or I'll make it big enough so you don't need a mirror to see it.
aPex
custom status eligible

[*] posted on 14-7-2004 at 01:54 PM

you send out a free cd for promo and ask for opinnions and reviews? and i come on here and in my first post say nothing harsh and point out the release - made it out as nice as i could for a release i didnt personally enjoy

then when the criticism comes upon you, you turn defensive and now threatening. if you put out product expect criticism, its a fucking no brainer!

you now know where i live, should i expect you there this afternoon? this is a small city mate!

-peace
JC Superstar
Oz Hip Hop newb

[*] posted on 14-7-2004 at 02:23 PM

Ass I said all you have ever done is diss first to say I'm not Australian hip hop then to call our music R&B. Fuck off and don't post on any thread I put up again. You won't see me on your door step you'll see a bunch of motherfuckers who have never even been online. You can see me in your nightmares and don't think I'm some kid on here posting hard words for the fun of it. You're about to learn about hip hop the hard way. Now you can either be more mature with your views or meet defeat from the street.
aPex
custom status eligible

[*] posted on 14-7-2004 at 02:44 PM

an opinnion is an individuals idea, i stated mine

either come and talk to me about it or shutup and go away - you wont be missed
Kangol
Oz Hip Hop Member

Mood: Knowledge

[*] posted on 14-7-2004 at 10:29 PM

[Edited on 14-01-1982 by Kangol]

I hate Knowledge it stole away my Ignorance and turn on the lights.
Agent X
Oz Hip Hop Member

Mood: Meh.....

[*] posted on 14-7-2004 at 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JC Superstar

Watch your mouth or I'll make it big enough so you don't need a mirror to see it.

That has got to be the worst diss I have ever heard. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If you like gangta shit, you should listen to Dolla Dazzlaz. They're an Australian gangsta rap crew. Real good money makin', bitch slappin', cronic smokin', lowride drivin', gat clappin', many baby mumma havin', kakhi wearin', thugged out bling bling type shit.

http://www.myspace.com/thecreepteam

http://www.myspace.com/agentremix

http://www.myspace.com/phonicdivision
fizikle
Dominik Dabinski

Mood: "addoiiii"

[*] posted on 15-7-2004 at 10:56 AM

jc sounds pretty scary for an r&b bitch

\"too many mc\'s not enough mics\"

fiz_the_iLL_kids debut Album \"Status Pending\" out now on Rigorous Recordings

http://www.myspace.com/fiztheillkid
freakeee
Oz Hip Hop newb

Mood: baaaaaked...

[*] posted on 15-7-2004 at 06:56 PM

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH LOOK!!!!
the kids are getting tough!!!
i'll fight all of you behind the bike sheds after my maths class is over :)

but seriously... nothing wrong with people posting an opinion on here, positive or negative. Isn't that what a FORUM is for??? I thought the idea was to share ideas and opinions, not get all girly gangsta on someone just cos you dont agree with their opinion...

/me drops in his 2c

pills aren\'t made in halves.... go hard or go home...
aeteacix
Unstoppable HUMAN Cunts.

Mood: Raekwon

[*] posted on 15-7-2004 at 07:40 PM

i hada listen to the cd, not my thing at all, but definitely not deserving (i think anyway) of all the shit its copping. It was actually alot more enjoyable than i had expected. I wish i had it here now so i could get a bit more in depth with what i think about it, but hey....

That riput cannibal Hannibal shit....
cre
Steady fuckin

Mood: newb

[*] posted on 15-7-2004 at 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by aPex
you send out a free cd for promo and ask for opinnions and reviews? and i come on here and in my first post say nothing harsh and point out the release - made it out as nice as i could for a release i didnt personally enjoy

then when the criticism comes upon you, you turn defensive and now threatening. if you put out product expect criticism, its a fucking no brainer!

you now know where i live, should i expect you there this afternoon? this is a small city mate!

-peace

hahaha this is classic

stick to your guns apex

jc is showing just how much of a chump he is

When your looking for sandwhich spreads Mass n Veg! (c) cre
What did bias b say in the desert ? I represent thirsty! (c) cre
[img]http://www.bbc.co.uk/neighbours/whoswho/images/poses/whos_harold_0082.gif[/img]
Skinny Mark
Oz Hip Hop newb

[*] posted on 18-7-2004 at 09:37 PM

Opinions are like assholes right?

That's what forums are for. Everybody has the right to express their asshole. If someone doesn't like something they don't like it. But by the same token some of these clowns should learn respect. Pointing their feminine, keyboard pokin fingers trying to say who's real and who's not real. Some people hate JC's work some people love his work. But regardless of that, he was on the radio playing Hip-Hop music before about 80% of these internet 'heads' even had hair on their balls. And probably before many were born. That's real.

So chill. It's all love and music. If you want to slander, start a new thread called 'Talking Shit About People' or something

www.kathartik.com.au
Baptist
Oz Hip Hop newb

Mood: soulcypha.com

[*] posted on 18-7-2004 at 10:48 PM

only good thing about FRS that I can remember was El Loco...

wheres that boy these days?
aPex
custom status eligible

[*] posted on 19-7-2004 at 09:39 AM

DJ'ing round Brisbane at the local Rap/RnB joints in town
MrBlazy
Nosferatu

Mood: Full Court Press

[*] posted on 19-7-2004 at 10:42 AM

Sent for my freebie.
wizardofaus
Oz Hip Hop newb

Mood: flagrant

[*] posted on 19-7-2004 at 10:39 PM

jc man
i read the verse, and its all nice with ur 2 word rhyming and all tthat, short lines, which when i read it i imagine it flowing really well, good work on that.
but for me too like i need meaning in my music. and bra yu gotto admit that yu dont have meaning, and 'whisper trigger' whats that, dont start rhymin bout guns on me, thats weak shit, maybe think about puttin some meaning in ur rhymes. but ey just a tip so do what yu want though ey.
have yu sent it to any ppl thats opinions count, to see how its felt?

mind over matter
IllUmiNaTi_333
Oz Hip Hop Member

Mood: Lyrical

[*] posted on 20-7-2004 at 02:02 AM

:monkey:More Beef than a Butcher:nervous:
Exodus
Oz Hip Hop Member

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 20-7-2004 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JC Superstar
Well...here is my verse from Battle Me 2. I'm happy with it.... sometimes its easier to understand the meaning behind a rhyme when you read it. As for the two verses by Lotus I think they are awesome and she is one of the most underrated female MCs out. Anyway have a read and I hope you feel it like I do.

Knee deep even hip / hop straight in the shit / MCs need to quit / Move on it's over with / no strength in their grip / Knew they might slip / might trip / while I kiss the mic tight like this and light this / Battle me and fight this / notarise and sight this / your flow just might miss / FRS dro flow kick /dro flow flipped / the dro flow dipped / dro flow lit / dro smoke sipped / the dro flow gets ripped / locked like a pit / projectile weapon lipped / whisper trigger / clip full of click / Teflon slick / We sat nat equipped / locked on your blip / your bunkers thick / but bombs stick / pierce armour through brick / politic / I adjust the grip / get licked with / mercury tipped / blue chip stock script / automatically spit / every bullet heavenly picked / to hit centre target / body to head sick / largest organ split / suture or stitch / seamless and quick / sewn up and this is still it

Thanks to everyone responding to the free CD offer you'll hear for yourself soon.

i'm no hater aight....so don't come at me like that....but i read ur lyrics up there....and all it really proved was that u could rhyme dro flow kick/dro flow flipped/dro flow dipped.......which first of all was simple as fuck, but i have no idea what you're talkin about...that's not much of a battle rap....

\"...even then i\'ll rip your pre-written rhymes up
in cyphers, hit you off the top like a sniper
...battles i win \'em all...
i\'m kinda like a benzino poster, my back aint ever been against the wall
and when it comes to dope rhymes i got plenty
comin\' off the dome like bullets off ned kelly
i\'m deadly, lyrics hit you like a smith n wesson
you\'ll get ya brains relocated like witness protection\" - Exodus

www.mp3.com.au/exodusIII
Exodus
Oz Hip Hop Member

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 20-7-2004 at 07:35 PM

damn....wizard of aus dropped pretty much the same shit i was thinkin(i didn't read his post beforehand)...funny thing is that's my alternative username...

and yea...i sent away for the cd as well....i'll probably hit this back up once i've had a listen cause from the replies lyrics dont seem 2 be your strong point n that's what i felt was lacking....plus i consider myself open minded so i might enjoy the listen...who knows...

\"...even then i\'ll rip your pre-written rhymes up
in cyphers, hit you off the top like a sniper
...battles i win \'em all...
i\'m kinda like a benzino poster, my back aint ever been against the wall
and when it comes to dope rhymes i got plenty
comin\' off the dome like bullets off ned kelly
i\'m deadly, lyrics hit you like a smith n wesson
you\'ll get ya brains relocated like witness protection\" - Exodus

www.mp3.com.au/exodusIII
IllUmiNaTi_333
Oz Hip Hop Member

Mood: Lyrical