The Past Beats Inside Me Like A Second Heartbeat is the title of Urthboy’s fifth solo album which will be released in March.
Urthboy explains “This project was to be released in 5 EPs, with each covering a decade between 1950 and 2000. The working title was Decades and the vision was to give life to the relationship between the past and present. Just like a million writers before me, I dreamt up a beast so daunting, that I spent three years trying to tame it. Everything changed when I wrote my family into the story.”
‘Long Loud Hours’ set the tone; voted in at #33 in the Hottest 100; while new single ‘Second Heartbeat’ switches gears to summer, setting up Urthboy’s most intriguing record to date. The album is executive produced by Pip Norman & Hermitude with additional production by Nic Martin, Styalz Fuego and Rahj Jordan.
- Long Loud Hours feat. Bertie Blackman
- Second Heartbeat feat. Sampa The Great and Okenyo
- Daughter Of The Light feat. Kira Puru
- Hey Juanita
- Rubble Of The Past feat. Montaigne
- Running Into The Flames feat. B Wise
- Rushing Through Me feat. Bertie Blackman
- Wolves At Bay feat. Solo and Caitlin Park
- The Arrow feat. Timberwolf
- Little Girl’s Dad
- Wade In The Water feat. Jane Tyrrell
Preorders are now available from www.urthboy.com
The Past Beats Inside Me Like A Second Heartbeat will be released on March 4th through Elefant Traks / Inertia