In something that’s pretty exciting for musicians, the Australian Music Industry Network and Travel Beyond Group have partnered together to offer registered musicians discounts for travel, hotels, car rental, etc. With airlines often copping a mean social media post for rough handling of baggage to cancelled and delayed flights resulting in gigs being missed, the cold hard cash savings will be a welcome reprieve to artists, even if their gear doesn’t actually make it to the gig…
The highlights of the deal includes:
• Savings on all Virgin Australia fare classes between 7% – 20%
• Discounted rates and reduced excess on Car Hire
• Multiple drivers, flexible driver age below 25 (over the age of 21 and full licence required)
• Online portal to book hotels and apartments at best rate including Quest, Mantra, Oaks, Accor, IHG, Starwood, Crown and other boutique properties both in Australia and internationally for groups under 10
• Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge memberships
• Excess Baggage allowances continue with Virgin Australia and QANTAS
• Free wifi and onsite parking at selected hotels and apartments.
A 7% – 20% discount on Virgins fairs could be pretty handy for artists, but we won’t know the full extent of savings until the platform goes live. MusicVIC artists will be the first to access it via their website on March 23rd, with the rest to follow.
The key is, and I know this is a massive challenge for us unorganised organisation shunting hip hop heads, but you need to be a member of the reverent associated body to access the deals. Some are free, some are not, but if you’re at the point where you’re booking flights to play gigs, you should probably be a member already!